Tuesday, May 15, 2007

People do this every week...??

6 sleeps and I am off to Egypt!! I cant really believe it! I have packed nothing!! I have done nothing!! Well thats kinda a lie...I raided primark for anything made of linen to take with me so it will be nice and light and can throw them away when I am back! Also I finally got my visa sorted...that was pretty funny...went to the Egyptian embassy and a visa is 15 quid.....the lady didnt have change of a 20 so told me to go get some.....I went out and looked at where I might get change....Louis Vuittion, Gucci, Chanel.....um change for a 20 anyone?? Had to walk for miles and finally found a chemist!

Well, what a weekend. Friday ended up falling flat but that was OK as called family for chatting and was nice to catch up a bit. Saturday I had the laziest day of my life. I told my brother I thought I was sick as I was so tired but he pointed out I was just laaaaaaaaaaazy. Thanks Neil. The weekend really came into its own on Sunday when I finally did the TNT suggestion and went to The Church.

If you dont know what I am talking about, the web is www.thechurch.co.uk and its not at all spiritual. Its kinda a bar, kinda a sleazy greasy joint!!
I didn't know what to expect so let me paint you a picture.....from the outside it looks like a dis-used hall, there are no signs or anything so you might not know otherwise. Inside its dark dark (esp as it opens at 12 so its like the middle of the day!) We got there at 1.3pm and it was already underway. There was a comedian on the stage whos repoitre seemed to be mostly getting Kiwis to slag Aussies and Aussies to slag South Africans and South Africans to slag Kiwis etc etc. Not that funny in other words. There was a heaving crowd down the front but we had quite a good possie at the bar and stayed there.
After him there was a stripper....I had heard there was so wasnt suprised. She was quite lame tho, one song of dancing and another song where she took her top off but that was it. Then was some dancing I think. I had consumed 3 vodkas by this stage, mostly as there wasnt much else to do!!
After the music and dancing the stripper came back on, and it was obviously the hardcore section of the show. She got totally naked (wasnt expecting that!!!!) rubbed herself in baby oil, sat on a chair and fondled herself on the stage, all highly visible!! I should day, I was there was 2 guys and while I couldn't watch her (blergh no thanks), they had given up all pretension of not watching and were openly panting hahaha!!
Anyway after that was drinking games, then a kind of amature stripping contest for the guys. There was maybe 6 of them and they all got as naked as they day they were born....was amusing but also slightly disturbing!! By this stage I was totally smashed....you buy your drinks in lots of 3 so had just had 6 vodkas before 3pm. Crikey.
From there was onto a pub, then another pub, then a pub lunch (yum!!) then more drinking....I went out at 1pm and got home at 10.30pm, still drunk, I got lost on the tube.
I cant believe people do that every weekend! Is it the same stripper every week?? Who knows. Do they ever have a male stripper?? Judging by the dudes there it would start some anxiety attacks among them.
You know I never thought I would go but I had a really good time!! I will be going again I think, just not every weekend!!

1 comment:

Simone said...

I've been here for 4 months and still haven't made it to the church! the next planned outing there is when i'm traveling! damn!

sounds lame but sounds like fun lame - if that makes any sense at all :)

with egypt, you can also buy your visas quite easily at the airport - i tried to find the egyptian embassy in london cos i like to be prepared - but i could not find it for the life of me, despite having the address clearly written and i even brought my AZ guide and STILL couldn't find it! usually i'm good with a map!

anyways keep up with the blog and enjoy london :)