Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Baaaaaaaaaank holidays....


Well it was a bank holiday last weekend just gone and I started the partying around....Tuesday night, ending last night.

Tuesday was dinner at YO! Sushi with Alicia....kinda an anniversary dinner almost as I had arrived a year ago (cake went down fab at work by the way!). Was very niiiiiiice as always....even when I got a bit drunk and tried to cause a suishi dish pile up and send my empty beer bottle away on the conveyor belt (was not successful)


Wednesday night I went to see 'The Letter' at the Wyndhams Theatre. I got a FANTASTIC deal on www.lastminute.com which was dinner (at Planet Hollywood - mmmmm ribs) and then theatre for 20 quid!! 3 of us went and all thought that 'Planet Hollywood' teamed with a psychological crime thriller was a strange mix. I have to admit I was a bit dubious about the deal but the seats were just brilliant.....and only the second night the play was open as well (I felt very grown up going to see that rather than a musical!)

Thursday night was dinner again with 2 old mated from Contiki....one of whom has just come back from Australia. Was totally brilliant to see them and I could have chatted all night but my wallet would not allow it.

Friday I caught a plane to Edinburgh to see my cousin and stay for the rest of the bank weekend!!! I was soooooooo excited to arrive and see her as I hadn't see Nicola properly since Christmas! We drank and caught up on Friday night before I almost fell asleep on the spot and collapsed into bed. When we finally got up and got ready on Saturday there was only one place to go......the Edinburgh Dungeons!!! I loved loved the London one and the Edinburgh one was kinda as good, but really not. It was about half the price and prob half the fun as well. Best bit was one of the characters taking a kind of a 'shine' to me and pretending to dry hump me (Nicola nearly cried laughing), threw a blanket at me and told me to "Smell it Skank". Little did I know it would be one of the best offers I had all weekend......


Saturday night I had especially purchased a very expensive top from Oasis for maximum fun times and I feel it was slightly wasted in Edinburgh.....let me explain...Nicola and I went to 3 very very different clubs. We started at the Walkabout (I am collecting the set...) which was OK to rubbish. From there we moved to Espionage, 3 floors of clubbing which was also OK to average. I forget the name of the last club but it was one of the last open and cost 6 quid to get in.....was bah bah. In every club we went to, they played Dolly Parton "Nine to Five". I kid you not. They like their Dolly in Edinburgh. There was also about a million hen and stag nights there.....you could tell them from their various states of dress up. I have to be honest here and say most of them were English, could be told apart from the dressed up Scottish guys as there were in kilts (clubbing!!!!)
Anyway after a hellish recovery on Sunday morning, we went to see 'Blades of Glory' in the afternoon. Was hysterical (and incidentally, discovered one of the lines used on me the night before was from the movie...). After the movie we decided to tear up the dancefloor, virtually by ourselves, at the Walkabout. Was very very funny, especially when the mlleted DJ played 'Nine to Five' again, closely followed by 'Jolene'.....I suspect by request.....like I say, they like their Dolly up there.
Monday we went to the castle....Nicola and I have a cousin in the Army who does a lot of work there and tried to blag free entry but he wasnt about so had to pay, but was very reasonable, especially compared to London prices! I have been there before and was amazed at how much I remembered of it, but was still brilliant to see again.
Was back to the airport after that and it was very sad!! Am definetly planning another weekend soon.....maybe work some other clubs and see Nicola again!
This week I am most definetly out of cash so am going to try and keep it on the down low....especially as I am already in plans for the weeked....going for drinks on Friday, flat-warming on Saturday and am finally biting the bullet and am going to visit "The Church" on Sunday, unless I can get out of it! Then one more week before the Klaxons and Egypt!!

No comments: