Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas tree...

Well I cannot believe it was nearly a year ago when I first sat down and started this little blog. Back in December last year I was sitting at work bored and here I am doing the same thing a year later....sitting at work bored. Everyone is at lunch I think so I am taking advantage. I dont think much has changed, except for the climate and the country obviously. Certainly my typing is still heinously bad.

Well last week was a good one. I went out on Wednesday night with Anna and Nicole. We went for dinner which was nice, and planned and entire years worth of mini-weekend-breaks as we all hate our jobs at the moment and need some encouragement to get us to the New Year. We then ended up trying our hand at some of the attractions in Lecister square, without any success. I blame the wine we had consumed. It got to the stage of almost being charitable, the amount of money we were wasting! None of us won anything but to be fair, most of the toys look a little worse for wear as though they had been sitting there for awhile.
Friday night came and I was way way too exhausted to do anything. I have been running to Hammersmith or Shepherds bush almost every night to pick up one or two final things and I was exhausted! Didnt help that I got on the wrong bus leaving Hammersmith and so ended up on a bridge going I dont know where. Managed to get off without looking like I was lost and getting a bus back in the other direction. I came home Friday, call and then just collapsed into bed, oh with 2 Simpsons boxed sets to keep me company! I love them Simpsons!!

Saturday afternoon Anna and I braved the Oxford St crowds and managed to stay in the festive spirit which was amazing. I shamelessly kept pulling my camera out and taking photos of all the Christmas lights which I will attempt to load on here later. Some of them are sooooooo nice. I still havent seen the giant Norwegian tree, mostly because I have forgotten where in London it is. After gawping like a couple of wide eyed toursists, we went to a Chinese restaurant where the staff took in turns to be entirely over enthauastic or totally indifferent. Bit strange but nice. We went to an Irish pub after that where we met 3 nice Irish guys but sadly (or not, I am still not sure) we had tickets to go and see the beautiful Daniel Craig in the new James Bond movie. I give the movie 2 out of 5 but Daniel get about a 7 out of 5. Was worth it just for his icy stare.

Sunday was the laziest of lazy days yet. I fought the fear and went to the Asda and not the much closer but much less selection Iceland. I really really hate Asda and have found the only way I can brave it is if I go with my ipod plugged in and at full volume and then I dont have to hear children screaming or Christmas Carols or any other profanities. It wasnt even that busy so that made my day even better. For once I came out without feeling murderous. After that I had a lot of phone calls before getting to bed! In hindsight, I wish I had thought about what I was going to wear for New Year as I am definetly going to Dublin and now I dont know what to wear and am sure i have to buy something as all my new year dresses from previous years are designed for a much warmer climate. Hmmm. Will have to brave Christmas shops once AGAIN!
Like I mind!!

No comments: