Monday, May 01, 2006

Last Minute..

I cannot believe that I leave today....I am just so excited! Packing has been a total living nightmare...just shows that I am not that hot at Tetris. In the end I had to go and buy another suitacase so I have 2 giant suitcases, both fully expanded, both around 30kgs. I did have a idea of having a backpack for hand luggage to leave my hands free but that hasnt worked out either and I have a holdall. This only means that I am going to have to buy not only a sleeping bag when I get there (for the Contiki) but a bag and a backpack as well! Thats so annoying as I have so many here!
Otherwise my last day at work was good....barely got much work done but did feel very celebrity like as everyone wanted to talk to me and wish me well which was really nice. They gave me a greenstone pendant which I LOVE (but sadly I am not able to fit the lovely box into my bag!!) and some vouchers....if anyone from work reads this I bought a merino wool jumper from Esprit which I love.
Seeing everyone and seaying goodbye has been a bit strange as I dont feel like there is no one I am not going to see again! Especially as so manypeople seem to have travel plans at the moment...if you all follow through 6 of you will be with me before the end of the year and 4 of you will be here in NZ! So mentalist.
I promised you all fame so here are farewell party pics so now you know you are on the internet (in a good way)

No comments: